As a specialist company with over 15 years of experience in delivering development, planning and environmental advice to the mineral, waste and energy sectors, ACT know their activities and principally the advice and services they offer have an effect on the environment. ACT recognizes its responsibilities towards protecting the environment and consequently aims to continually improve environmental performance. This Environmental Policy Statement is issued as a commitment by ACT to reduce the adverse and increase the beneficial environmental impacts of its activities.
- To meet and where practical exceed the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation, Regulations, Codes of Practice and other client specifications.
- Wherever practical, to contribute to and participate in associates and clients environmental initiatives.
- Adopt a procurement policy that promotes where applicable: sustainable products and the recycling of materials.
- Wherever appropriate, seek to promote new products, designs and processes that offer improved environmental performance.
- Work with clients, associates and suppliers to ensure they recognise and are seeking to reduce the environmental impacts of their activities and improve their environmental performance.
- Look to conserve resources and reduce the creation of waste through efficient use and careful planning, reducing the consumption of energy, water and materials wherever possible.
- Protect the local environment, prevent pollution wherever practical and respect wildlife habitats particularly when assessing and designing projects. Overall, seek to promote sustainable development.
- Continually assess the environmental impacts of our activities and conduct an annual review of our environmental objectives and policies.
This policy is made available to any interested party.
Signed by the Managing Director
Latest revision: October 2011